Have you heard the story, that if you go on a diet and lose weight, that you will put the weight back on after you finish the diet. All too often.
Why? That is a good question. Why does it happen?
Experts all agree with this statement. Why? Because, to effectively lose weight, you need to change your lifestyle. What? You need to forget about 12 weeks, but think more realistically about this is a change that is happening for life?
Only long term dedicated action changes your situation.
Put another way: How long did it take you to get to this condition? Well that’s how long it will take for your body to learn to be thinner, healthier, stronger and fitter.
A habit is formed at 21 days of consecutive practice. The habit starts to become automatic after 66 days of consecutive practice. Wow, all I have to do is practice the behaviours I want for 66 days and I won’t have to worry about them ever again. No! How long have you been performing these bad habits. Yes, a lot longer than 66 days. What about those day when things just don’t go as planned?
- Don’t skip breakfast, otherwise you may be setting yourself up to binge later in the day. Set yourself up to win by starting the day on a good note.
- Don’t eat 2 hours before bedtime. Digestion takes time to perform. Digestion interrupts sleep and the recovery that happens during sleep.
- Perform 30 minutes of exercise at least 3 times per week. 5 – 6 times per week is optimal, with 1 day off for recovery.
- Substitute healthier options. Such as carob for chocolate, honey for sugar or vegetables or fruit as snacks.
- Avoid processed foods. Anything that can’t be found in nature as it is or very close, should be avoided at all cost. The world is becoming more and more educated as to the risks of fast foods (processed foods).
- Don’t snack in front of the TV. To eat a meal is acceptable, but snacking while unconsciously watching TV is a serious problem with people who overeat.
- Substitute fruit for unhealthy candy, cake or cookies.
- Drink more water. Drink a tall glass on raising in the morning. Drink when you feel hungry during the day, wait 20 minutes and evaluate hunger again. Try to drink more water throughout the day.
There is only one reason why you can’t lose weight. YOU! Take charge of yourself and command yourself to lose the weight. Support yourself by being more tolerant and patient in your self talk, or the way you talk to yourself.
You can do this, you can lose weight.
You owe it to yourself, to be healthy, to be fit, to live life.
Thanks for reading,
If you enjoyed this post, or wanted to ask a question, drop me a line I’d love to hear from you. Click here to change your life for the better.